Pages

Monday, December 5, 2011

Facebook advertisments, likes...

I have done two Facebook advertisements in an attempt to get likes for my author page that would eventuate into sales. The first one I paid $50 dollars for and got from memory around 50 or 60 likes. Not much bang for the buck, and no sales to boot. However, Facebook gave me a free $50 dollar coupon, which ended in sales and over 200 likes. I believe the difference was basically down to the wording of my ad.

1st ad:



2nd ad: 


NewZealand author Marita A.Hansen weaves a breathtaking tale of revenge & violence in the 1st book from the new series Behind the Lives

A much better ad the second time around. So, take the time to think about what you want to say, otherwise you'll be throwing away money.

Although the sales from the second ad did barely cover costs, the promotion was what was valuable, getting people to talk about my book.

That's the really good thing about Facebook ads, they are displayed on the right people's pages. This is achieved through the person who is placing the ad tagging it correctly. In the Interest section I inputted keywords that related to my book, such as Once Were Warriors, Outrageous Fortune, Boy (the Movie), New Zealand, Maori, Street Lit Review, Urban Literature, and so forth. And I noticed, in particular, when someone liked my page that they had Boy as a favourite movie, and occasionally Once Were Warriors. Furthermore, I was able to specify what countries that I wanted to show my ad in, choosing English speaking ones. Here's a breakdown of some of the countries where people liked my ad (Please note that the countries other than the UK, NZ, Canada, the US, Ireland, Singapore and Australia weren't connected to my ads):


Countries
109
United Kingdom
102
New Zealand
52
Canada
38
United States of America
11
Ireland
10
Singapore
8
India
8
Australia
4
Pakistan
4
Malaysia
1
Jordan
1
Sri Lanka
1
Mauritius
1
Indonesia
1
Cyprus
1
Bosnia & Herzegovina
1
Belgium
1
Switzerland
1
Germany




Just a thought when you consider what advertising you might like to do. Though, keep in mind I'm still squeamish about doing another ad, but may have to bite the bullet, hitting my worn-out purse to promote my book. Otherwise, how will people know about it?



https://www.facebook.com/pages/Marita-A-Hansen









No comments:

Post a Comment